
If
you notice that my blog seems to go in lumps. I post A LOT and then there is a dry season. For the past month it has been because every moment was working with our condo with FUSION. Fusion is a non-profit group I volunteer with that provides transitional housing for homeless mothers and their children. http://www.fusionfederalway.org/
It is an amazing work that is being done and I love being a part of it all. It is also a great deal of work. This is the newest unit/home, #10!!! I am managing it. For the past month I have cleaned, decorated, and furnished it ready for a new family. It is now stocked with food and ready for the family. Here is pictures of the unit. I know it isn't as glamorous as a total home makeover. It will feel that way for the family though. All of the materials used were donated. This could be a total home makeover with materials from DI or from your garage. The used furniture usually needs a little help to make it nice again. FUSION is 100% volunteer! It is ran so efficiently and with such heart. This is an amazing example of how 1 person wanting to make a difference can get a ball rolling and change a community-and eventually the world. If anyone is looking for a way to help the needy, and/or be involved in the community then check out their website.
2 comments:
I had no idea you did that. That truly is amazing! It looks great.
Wow that is wonderful! I it looks really beautiful. What alot of work you have done.
Post a Comment