Thursday, November 13, 2008

and then there were 8

I normal take pictures of EVERYTHING, and usually add pictures in my posts. This one was just too disturbing. One of my chickens died. The cause is unknown. It was pretty tough mentally having to clean up (move the body). While the chickens are on a fine line with me of like and dislike, I actually feel sad that my bird died. We are getting 5 eggs a day. We have a hard time keeping up with their production. I will see if this one was one of the layers. Hopefully it wasn't Double Yokey. We have 1 chicken that consistently lays double yoke eggs, which is easy to recognize because of the size of the egg. R.I.P.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really sad!

wendy_d23 said...

that is so sad, I am almost crying. At least its a chicken though. I just read that out loud to and Linsdey thought I said one of your 'childen' instead of 'chicken.' What a relief!
I will have to prepare myself for when I get my girls, I am sure they all won't make it.

Robin and Stephenie said...

poor poor chicken thanks for not posting pictures.