Hours before entering the studio Matt and I got our picture taken. We ward up with mock interviews, interacted with other people going to the show, and met joslyn. Joslyn was this crazy character that worked the crowds with high fives and amazing energy. She exert exerberated a perfect price is right contestant. We finally have our turn with the producer. I make a joke about My friend tami's job, and get the producers attention. Matt is funny and charismatic, but they're eyeing me the whole time and ask, "so what do you do?" I tell them, "money bags over here needs a trophy wife." And that's it. They laugh and play with me a few moments longer. Feeling good about our interviews we move on and are ready to start. We find out our lunches weren't going to make it in time, so I down some chips and soda since I'm starving.
We are seated, Drew comes out and the games begin. The first name called was joslyns. Matt turns, "it's joslyn" he says as we share a look of excitement. The first person on stage is also joslyn!!!! We cheer so loud for her. The place is so loud I can't hear what she is playing for, but sadly she loses the game. They quickly call a new contestant. It dawns on me they said Jarvis! I replay it in my mind and hear Jackie Jarvis. I'm looking for the sign holding up my name, can't find it, but am pushed down to contestants row. This is unbelievable! It's a dream. I think, "I'm the 1st to bid, get ready." It's an eliptical and not a name brand. It ant be very expensive. I bid $650. The guy next to me bids $2600, he's out of his mind. Actual retail price is $749. Everyone else over bid and I'm going on stage. Yes!!!! My dream had come true! I notice a camera following me as I'm running on rage and I stoke a pose. Now it's game time.
I'm with drew and he reveals I'm playing the bargain game. Sweet! This game is easy! I got this! I don't listen to anything but nod as I'm pricing things in my head. I don't know the price of the scooter but I do know that there's over $1000 difference with the refrigerator, which is a great margin. Drew asks, "which ones the better bargain?" I do a quick glance to the crowd and see ALL of them pointing at the refrigerator. I think, "cool, they're thinking the same as me." I grab the microphone and confidently say, "I'm going with the refrigerator drew!" You guessed it, I win them both! I'm now taken to the winners chairs down in front where they hook me up with a microphone and seat me next to joslyn. We are so estatic that this is happening. Joslyn and I connect, laugh, and share this incredible day. We are instantly friends. Then we are lined up to spin the wheel. Joslyn spins first and I'm spinning last because I've won the most this far. She chooses to spin again and gets a total of $0.75. Alina, the next spinner, doesn't beat joslyn and she is out. I'm up. I spin the wheel with everything I got. I tie at $.75 with joslyn! This is incredible! I don't care if I win or lose, this is just unbelievably amazing. Joslyn spins a $.35. She looks so down. I tell her not to worry as I could spin a nickel, it's not over yet. I end up spinning a $.70 and I'm going to the showcase! My mind I blown. Is this happening?
The contestants continue to lose their games except carol, the token sassy black lady, who plays plinko. On her last chip she gets the $10,000 slot. She wins the wheel and is in the showcase as well. She gets the first spot at the showcase and that last plinko chip pushed her winnings up. She passes the first showcase to me which include a trip to San Francisco, a trip to Switzerland, and a 15ft sailboat. I'm thinking 24k, but most of the audience is saying 31k. I think most of the audience believes that boat is more expensive than it truly is. It's a small boat. I bring my price up to $26,300 to get a little closer to the audiences bid. Carol sees her showcase which includes a dinning room table, chandelier, a trip to South Carolina, and a trip to Istanbul. Everyone laughed at the South Carolina trip, carol is from North Carolina. I'm thinking, "wow, my showcase was better." Carol bids $20k. We take the commercial break as they get the total price tags ready. I'm feeling sick as I'm pretty sure I went over. I'm so nervous and I just want to know if I busted. I know if I didn't then carol wins because she was really low. They do carols first. It means I probably busted. My actual retail price, $27,700. I win! I hug carol and run to my boat. Matt comes up and we embrace. He keeps saying in a dream like, unreal voice " you won. I kiss him and introduce him to Drew Carey. Unreal day.






No comments:
Post a Comment