Out of convenience I had my doctor schedule an induction a week before my due date. Good thing too. This boy weighed in at 8 lbs. 15 oz! After being on pitocin for 6 hours I was bored and begged my doctor to break my water so we could get this thing going. She agreed and my little man arrived an hour and a half later. I spent 20 minutes of that trying not to push and waiting for the doctor to arrive. I hadn't had an epidural before and knew that this was my last chance. Those people took FOREVER, and weren't very bright. They took their time and asked me a ton of questions that I had all ready answered earlier that day. I really didn't have any patience at this point because I'm on my side doing everything I can NOT to push, even though my body totally was pushing. They finally got the needle in when my doctor arrived, so it really didn't take effect for the pushing, but helped with the post-labor mess. The umbilical cord was around his neck, which the doctor knew the moment she saw the top of his head. My doc had great composure and gave wonderful instructions. I was able to get through pushing slow and controlled. My doctor stretched me so that she could get her fingers past the head and loop the cord out and around. Calvin was very blue and it took some work to get him to cry. There was a slew of nurses in the room and my doctor was amazing and she had complete control over everything going on. I layed in bed crying as my family is all here and complete. I'm so happy and blessed for such a wonderful family. My cup overfloweth.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love, love the picture of Calvin with your girls. So cute! And you love great! (Did you go bear your testimony after to show off?) Wonderful family picture! Can't wait to see you guys.
Post a Comment