Monday, July 12, 2010

Disneyland



Alison has been saving money for 2 years now in her piggy bank. It was my excuse to get out of buying needless things that she would see in the store. I would ask her, "Hmm, should we get this or should we save the money for Disneyland?" That worked for about 18 months. I knew this was the summer to go since she stopped believing that we were ever going. We went through her piggy bank and she had $160. Ella was free. Matt and I earned free passes from our volunteer work on Earth Day. Alison paid for her ticket and still had spending money.
She really didn't get into the rides. By the end of the Dumbo ride she was happy. Both girls like the carousel. We forced them on Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, which scared them...and maybe scarred them too. Ella was happy not to go on the rides. The rides that we did make her go on she either put the blanky over her head, or took Matt's hand and put it over her face. It was really funny.
Ella spent her day did her 2 favorite things in the world. She rode in her stroller and ate. She ate ALL DAY LONG. I can tell what time of day it was in the picture by how much gross, sticky things are on her face. She got plenty of people watching in.
The rides were just okay for Ali, she really just wanted to see the princesses. She LOVED seeing all the characters. We made sure to hit the parade, at which time I took Matt on the Indiana Jones ride with our fast pass. I'm sad though as I missed the highlight of Alison's day, which was getting to dance in the parade. Fortunately Kelli took some pictures. I did catch part of the 2nd parade and saw Mary Poppins dancing to "I Love Rock and Roll." There are no word to describe that, you just have to see it for yourself.

Alison is now back to collecting coins into her piggy bank. Her hope has been restored. I asked her what we should save for now. She is saving up to go back to Disneyland, but this time with Grandma Jarvis. Grandma, you'd better get your fast pass now and prepare for a busy day!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow Alison! $160 saved all by yourself. That is impressive. And, I think you picked a great way to spend it. Looks like you all had fun.