


Friday, June 13th I went in and had my varicose veins removed. I was born with this clump of veins. It has given me pain my entire life and increases in pain with hormonal shifts. Hopefully I can be free of the pain. Here are the pictures. the first 2 pictures are the day of my procedure. The last photo is 2 days after when I was finally able to take off all of my bandages. When I went in the ultra sound technician took a sharpie all over my leg to mark for the surgeon where the different veins were. The surgeon numbed my leg and inserted a catheter with a laser inside. They blasted veins to make them collapse and no longer function. Then made a lot of little incisions where they removed veins too. I'm doing quite well. My leg is still a little bruised from my knee all the way up. Next month we will see how it all turned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment